Engineering - IBD Deal Life Cycle Java Developer- Associate - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Banking Technology creates and maintains proprietary technology for the Investment Banking division. The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting.
The role requires closely working with local and global BAs as well as a broad range of global Technology teams both internal platforms teams as well as a range of other front-office developers from across the Investment Banking business.
The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions:
- Design and develop tools to automate the creation and styling of pitchbook and deal execution documents
- The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams, both from a development as well as a maintenance perspective
- The candidate will work through the software development lifecycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, C#, AngularJS, VSTO, WPF, SQL etc
- 3-4 years relevant technical experience as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications
- Experience in AngularJS and Java
- Experience with SQL Server and database development
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
- Experience in test driven development
- Recent hands-on experience with AngularJS, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Drop Wizard in a test-driven environment
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
- Using Agile methodologies
- Automated testing
- Experience of developing solutions to digitize work-flows
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top