Engineering - HCM, Comp Acctg, Services, & Edge Tech - Platform Java Developer NY/DA - Associate - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Deliver platforms to the Division and the Firm that increase transparency accountability, and efficiency. Transform the Technology Division into a product-centric organization financially, operationally, and culturally, in order to achieve efficiencies and to empower our consumers in the business.
Exception Hub team is responsible for the Firm's strategic repository for retaining, managing and correlating different control events. This technology platform helps reduce duplicate work performed by different teams on related exceptions, discover linkages between exceptions, identify root causes, hot spots and impact of exceptions, and enable automation of exception resolution.
The group is spread across New Jersey, Warsaw and Bengaluru.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• We are looking for individuals who are interested in building near real time, high performance, high data volume applications using the latest technology stack, and are willing to learn.
• Exception Hub is being adopted by more technology teams and more business areas. As a result the platform is still growing and evolving.
• As a developer on the Exception Hub team, you will work with the latest technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka to build complex distributed applications to handle large data sets. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
• 3+ years of experience in Java, Spring, REST, JSON, and knowledge of Enterprise patterns
• Understanding of principles of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization. Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks. Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business. Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes. Strong oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Workflow, Spark, Akka, Elasticsearch
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top