Engineering - GSAM Technology - IMD Production Management - Vice President - Vice President - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Manage identification, dispatch and resolution of system generated, interrupt-driven events for the division. Provide incident and production management services and metrics to identify and manage systemic risks to the environment. Manage divisional infrastructure and BCP planning/coordination. Deliver efficiency and risk reduction solutions to operationalize and automate system alerts and reduce manual processes.
IMD manages $1.5 trillion for private, institutional, and third party clients. We offer a variety of products including separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, hedge funds, liquid alternatives, and funds of funds.
The Production Management team manages and supports IMD's production application and environments, working closely with many other groups. Work closely with development teams to identify and analyze opportunities to improve overall application health and sustainability. BCP planning and management of various Tech Risk initiatives for IMD. Monitor, identify patterns and trends for recommending areas for investment and automation. Key technologies: UNIX/LINUX, Shell scripting, Autosys, Database (Preferably Sybase), Java
A few examples of what we do:
• Manage 700+ application deployments
• Failure and user support automaton
• Incident, Change and Problem management
• Manage Infrastructure and related uplifts
• Manage Tech Risk initiatives for the division
• BCP management
We do all these things by working closely with various application and infrastructure teams. We are looking for smart technologists who want to join a global team motivated to ensure IMD applications are business ready, operating at reduced risk and creating a productive environment for our various Technology teams.
Also key is operational management for our L1 teams.
We are open to a variety of skill sets. Knowledge of financial products is a plus.
Role is open to Vice Presidents.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of IMD
• Build strong relationships with technology and business partners
• Understand production applications and environments and focus on their readiness and stability, facilitating and developing automation moving away from manual actions
• Drive operational efficiencies through tooling and automation
• Partnering with business to ensure their ability to operate is not hindered while using the applications we manage
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience in Application and user support including a clear understanding of production environments, their needs and risks, incident and change management
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders across regions and working as part of a global team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Expertise in UNIX, Relational Databases and ability to read and work on application code
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem management and application stability
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Incident Management experience, handle multiple threads and ability to prioritize under high pressure
• Strong team player
• 4 to 10 years of application management
• Experience in UNIX, job scheduling and automation tools
• Experience and knowledge of SQL databases
• Experience with incident and failure management
• Proficient at working with large and complex production environments and managing support teams
• Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid changing production situations and ability to continuously context switch
• Experience read, debugging and work on application code
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top