Engineering- GSAM Technology- FI Developer- Associate - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
GSAM FI has extensive and growing global presence with key offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore and Melbourne. Fixed Income Technology is a global team of 45 developers working directly with the business on all aspects of the investment process: portfolio construction, trading and reporting. The team is based in New York, London and Bengaluru with a growing presence in Bengaluru.
• The focus of this role is all aspects of Fixed Income data provisioning and reporting.
• The challenges include the volume and complexity of data across all Fixed Income asset classes, calculating sophisticated quantitative metrics, and the need to easily adapt reporting to the needs of hundreds of clients.
• The role also includes learning and supporting the entire Fixed Income business across all product lines.
• This role will provide you with the following opportunities:
(1) understand in depth Fixed Income securities and products;
(2) interact directly with the business users globally;
(3) leverage Goldman Sachs technology resources to build scalable state-of-the-art systems
• 2-5 years of hands on software development experience
• Fluency in Java and SQL/RDBMS (Sybase preferred)
• Solid computer science fundamentals and strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated design skills
• Fixed Income product knowledge
• Non-SQL databases and Big Data knowledge
• Quantitative background
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top