Engineering - Front-End/UI Developer - Software Engineer - Associate | New York/Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering is at the critical center of our businesses. Our dynamic environment requires strategic thinking that is innovative and produces smart solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use your analytical ability and decision-making skills to arrive at creative and client-oriented solutions
- Work with key stakeholders, UX designers, clients, and other development teams delivering digital products to our institutional clients
- Drive the architectural design and technical execution of the engineering needs of the equities businesses
- Take responsibility for project delivery as well as wider ownership in our functional area
- Design and build frameworks including automated testing through collaboration with global cross-functional teams
- A strong UI developer enjoys working in a client driven and agile environment passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces
- Self-motivated and able to work in small, fast-paced, high-impact team(s) developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Desire to build strong and efficient SDLC practices
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Building RESTful web services with Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring Data
- RDBMS and MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Financial market knowledge a plus (but not required)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top