Engineering - FICC Technology Developer - Associate - Tokyo/HK
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You like writing elegant, readable and well-documented code, with unquestionable test coverage
- You enjoy working as part of a team responsible for the development and ownership of a key functional business deliverable
- You thrive when engaged in complex problem solving or analyzing large datasets, and excel at optimizing systems/software for performance, availability, scalability and maintainability
- You exhibit a hunger to learn new things (business/technologies) and are excited to engage in GS developed platforms and languages
- You excel at building strong relationships with our business partners, implementing quality improvements to our products
- You are excited to grow your career with us, inclusive of opportunities to lead projects and teams over time
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Interest in fixed income products
- Experience in fixed income asset classes
- Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top