Engineering - Equities Technology - FPGA Developer - Vice President - Hong Kong/Tokyo/Sydney
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading Technology is looking for an exceptional and experienced FPGA developer to join our ultra-low latency direct market access team. Our team is developing the in-house ultra-low latency solution product for our clients. The developer / lead developer will receive exposure to a fast paced environment covering business and different domains in electronic trading space including direct market access, algorithmic trading and smart order routing.
Applicants should have the skills and experience developing innovative FPGA based solutions combining both in hardware and software development.
- Develop complex FPGA solutions for Equities trading with focus on massive throughput and ultra-low latency
- Interact with users and external vendors for requirements gathering and procurement
- Partner with internal teams including business, development, quality assurance and operations to deliver reliable and low latency solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic engineering background
- Experienced with VHDL or Verilog
- Experienced in low latency trading
- Experienced developing on Altera or Xilinx chipset
- Working experience with networking protocols including TCP/IP, Ethernet
- Complex system level simulation using modelsim
- Experience with Unix/Linux based development environment
- Experienced with software and hardware interaction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with C/ C+
- Experience with FIX protocol
- Experience with Asia Exchange protocol
- Knowledge of intel processor architecture and bus interconnect technologies like PCI-E, QPI
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top