Engineering - Equities Technology - Equities Client Connectivity Engineer - Analyst/Associate/Vice President - Hong Kong/Tokyo/Sydney
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
Equities Technology Onboarding engineering team is looking for experienced software engineers and client onboarding specialists to join a growing team in a fast-paced front office environment with high level of direct interaction with external clients, vendors, trading desks and internal platform engineering teams. New hire will join the FIX Client Onboarding team, which performs client- and vendor-specific customizations of FIX inbound and outbound sessions to enable High Touch and Low Touch trading and done-away Clearing flows. Services are provided to our Equities, Options, Futures and Clearing customers across the Equities and Prime Services Business Units. The team is leveraging in-house developed tools and Slang-based framework. Key responsibilities will include utilizing existing and newly developed tools to make changes to FIX configuration for existing and new GSET clients, perform required maintenance and support including troubleshooting of production and pre-production issues, and participate in software development activities focused on improving efficiency and further automation of the onboarding processes and tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide complete service for boarding and certifying with all incoming FIX clients and ensure a successful hand off to production.
- Build Automated workflows to eliminate of manual setup and addition of clients in GS Fix Engine
- Create automated test scenarios for each FIX client flavor.
- Build and update regression test cases to quickly test new releases and patches.
- Gather and analyse client requirements, and translate them into FIX specifications.
- Maintain UAT environments for optimal use by clients and vendors.
- Maintain the FIX Rules of Engagement document up-to-date.
- Establish on-going positive client relationships
- Provide updates to the Business and Project Management on new and on-going projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2-10 years experience in a similar hybrid technical/business role
- FIX Protocol knowledge
- Python or similar scripting language experience
- Unix/Solaris systems and SQL knowledge (e.g. Sybase)
- Basic Networking and Routing knowledge
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top