Engineering - Equities Technology - Electronic Trading Quant Technology - Associate/Vice President - Hong Kong/Tokyo/Sydney
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Equities Technology engineering team is looking for an experienced client onboarding specialist with software engineering skills to join a growing team in a fast-paced front office environment with a high level of direct interaction with external clients, vendors, trading desks and internal platform engineering teams.
Key responsibilities will involve working closely with stakeholders and in partnership with Quant clients from the initial request to production go-live. This includes gathering requirements, evaluating specifications, capacity and throughput management, coordinating testing, managing the change process, implementing client specific configurations and deployment. The team has strong relationships with the business and other engineering and platform teams to provide professional solutions for Goldman Sachs electronic trading for our clients. Additional responsibilities include enhancing and streamlining the process, applications and tooling used for facilitating a smooth Quant client onboard.
- An experienced technical engineer, with a proven track record in the on-boarding of clients to electronic trading
- Strong understanding of the FIX protocol and UNIX skills
- Previous experience of working with business, vendors and clients
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with external clients
- Solid experience in project management
- The ability to work effectively with local and global technology and business teams
- The ability to work well under pressure to provide high quality, accurate and timely solutions
- Solid experience in technical support in a distributed environment, including experience of FIX protocol
- Strong understanding of Asia Pacific Equities markets and products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong FIX certification and testing experience
- Good knowledge of connectivity, Networks and TCP/IP, Firewalls
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Good knowledge of SQL and databases
- Programming or scripting knowledge desirable
- Experience of software release and version control systems desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top