Engineering - Equities Technology - Derivatives Developer - Associate/VP - Tokyo
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
As a front-office engineer in the Derivatives team, you will be working closely with our Sales, Trading, Structuring and Operations desks to operate, optimize, and grow our Derivatives business. You will be developing, enhancing, and supporting our Derivatives Sales & Trading applications and develop intelligent monitoring of the system and infrastructure around them. In addition to your technical contributions, you will build your practical knowledge of the Derivatives products and the Derivatives business. We will provide you with the training and coaching you need to continue to grow, not only in terms of technical and business knowledge, but also in career, interpersonal skills, and leadership, via our extensive in-house training program.
Technology is at the heart of our business. Our engineers build scalable and reliable solutions to handle the complex nature of our multi-billion dollar Derivatives business. Our mission is to enable our sales and trading desks to make the best data-driven decisions they can for the business, to operate in the most efficient manner possible, and to continue growing our market share through a technology-driven business strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be working with a team of highly capable, experienced engineers, in an open and meritocratic environment. Healthy discussions and consensus-building are encouraged and appreciated.
- You will gain technical expertise and business knowledge, and will apply them to deliver real-world solutions for the business. Equally importantly, the team is always looking to aggressively automate manual work and process inefficiencies we encounter in our day-to-day work. This is to ensure that we can focus on more value-adding work for our business.
- You will build relationships with colleagues from various parts of the firm, from Trading, Sales, Structuring, Operations, and many other teams over the course of your career. You will learn how Goldman Sachs work and conduct a complex business such as Derivatives.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical discipline
- 2-5 years experience in one or more of these programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Python
- Highly motivated, committed, and self-starting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work well with local and global team members
- Knowledge of derivatives products and derivatives business
- Experience in functional programming in a scripting language, e.g.: Python
- Exposure / experience in machine learning
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top