Engineering - Equities Technology - Asia HK PIPG Platform Developer - Associate - HONG KONG
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The Private Investor Product Group is a business within Equity Derivatives concerned primarily with long-dated, exotic, and securitized derivative trading of Equity & FICC-based products. This franchise business spans the full scope of distribution channels (retail, corporate, hedge fund and institutional) and uses state-of-the-art technology and risk management tools to provide a competitive edge. The PIPG technology team is a global team within Equities, providing front-office technical solutions to this business worldwide. In Bangalore, the team is backfilling to facilitate business growth and automation.
The candidate would be an Associate developer facing off against Asia and responsible for the support and enhancements to PIPG's platform
Key front-office role supporting the expansion of the Equity Structured Products business. This position is focused on designing and developing software applications to support the structuring and issuance of securitized structured notes, termsheet and document automation, straight through processing and workflow automation, trade booking, and business analytics.
Successful candidates will need to:
• Design, develop, test and document highly reliable client and server-side systems in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment.
• Be comfortable implementing new systems using a variety of languages and Goldman Sachs' proprietary development platform (SecDb/Slang).
• Develop within a controlled process including design and code reviews.
• Form strong client relationships with trading, sales and other technology groups in a front office environment.
• Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems.
• Become an integral part of a global technology team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong development background using one or more procedural or object oriented technology such as Java, C++, or C#
• Experience with distributed systems and multi-tier architectures
• Strong problem solving skills/analytical skills
• Experience and/or interest in financial services and trading businesses
• Good communication skills and client interaction
• Suitable educational background in computer science/quantitative discipline
• 2-5 years professional work experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top