Engineering - Equities Synthetic Products Group (SPG) Strats - Analyst/Associate - Warsaw
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
THE SPG DEV STRAT TEAM
The SPG desk writes swaps on Equities to our Prime Brokerage, Institutional clients and other market counterparties.
The Warsaw SPG dev strat team will work closely with the global trading, strat and technology teams to build end to end trading and reporting work flows, strategic platforms along with web front ends utilizing high quality industrywide accepted development practices that helps to manage pricing and risk of these positions, including the management of stock inventory, funding and capital.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong academic background in a relevant field
• Computer Science or Physics, Mathematics, Engineering background.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Atleast 2 years of full stack development experience
• Strong programming skills in Java, C, C++, Python or equivalent language
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OO design patterns
• Working knowledge in database/data warehousing technologies such as ASE/Oracle/IQ.
• Ability to work as part of a global team and deliver strategic results in a timely fashion
• Comfortable working on multiple projects, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
• High performance & throughput server side programming is a plus
• Big data / Datalake / Hadoop & associated query tools a plus
• Experience in load testing and performance optimizations is a plus
• Experience with exchange connectivity is a plus
• Knowledge of Equity derivatives and/or Prime Brokerage is ideal but not mandatory
• Knowledge of Financial Mathematics & Quantitative understanding of statistics and probability a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top