Engineering - Derivative Platform Software Developer/Architect - Associate - Warsaw
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Challenging work - what will you do?
• The Derivative Data Engineering team develop and enhances critical components of the post-execution derivatives trade processing platform. We undertake a key role in the architecture of the derivatives platform, and our success contributes directly to the efficient functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis.
• The team are responsible for the development of a model driven, highly scalable, high performance, data storage and distribution services. This provides low latency access for online processing, servicing 1000s of client requests per second. We leverage Hadoop and other big data technologies for analytic processing.
• A premium is placed on the performance and resilience of our services as outages could have reputational or financial implications for the firm.
• You will work closely with business and technical colleagues locally, and in London, New York and Bengaluru, to solve challenging technical problems, and deliver cutting-edge technical solutions to meet new functional requirements, as well as continuously enhancing our platform.
• You will learn about the different business lines that we support including Commodities, FX, Interest Rates, Credit, Equities, Repo and Stock Loan.
• You will deliver new features by leveraging a variety of technologies including, Java 8, Spring, Linux, REST, SQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark and Hadoop.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• A passion for solving complex technical problems, delivering innovative, resilient and performant systems.
• Experience in a broad range of open source technologies, and a desire to learn more, with a willingness to contribute new ideas and opinions to the team.
• Great communication skills - as daily coordination with our global team is essential.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top