Engineering - CCBD Technology - CCBD - Digital Finance Technology - DevOps - Automation & Systems Engineer - Associate - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a subdivision of CCBD, is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the global online consumer deposits business and the US online consumer lending business, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
JThe DevOps Automation & Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for all software source code, change control, configuration management, and the build and deployment processes for the platform. They ensure that developers have all the development tools at their disposal and environments are available as needed by all stakeholders. They will also develop and maintain application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline code management and product delivery process. This individual must be able to support multiple code bases and build and deliver frequent releases. As a member of the team, the engineer will ensure reproducibility, auditability and traceability of all deliverables. All individuals are expected to utilize and expand on existing automation capabilities, build new automation capabilities as they see fit and contribute back to the enterprise the tools and capabilities that they create. Collaboration and contribution are core values.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Help to drive a new, strategic, business line
• Integrate with best in class strategic partners
• Ensure a stable, resilient and scalable environment
• Provide a digitally advanced financial product to retail consumers
• Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime and maintenance) of a large distributed systems
• 5+ years in engineering resilient, globally distributed and highly available, high transaction/high volume web facing infrastructure built on HTML, CSS and JS
• Experience creating and maintaining builds using QA Testing and Release Management Applications such as Jenkins, TFS, or similar systems
• Artifact Repository Manager(Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
• Working knowledge of AppDynamics and Splunk desired
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment
• Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment
• Deep understanding of the Agile development methodology
• Comfort operating in a matrix environment
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top