EMEA Tax Advisory, Associate/VP, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt, Germany
FINANCE | TAX
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's worldwide taxes. We are responsible for tax compliance, financial reporting of taxes, tax planning, business advisory and management of taxing authority examinations. Our work contributes directly to the firm's success, and the division is ideal for creative and collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
EMEA Tax Division
A team of professionals based in London and Frankfurt serves the firm's European tax requirements. This team comprises tax consultants, accountants and lawyers and is responsible for all aspects of the firm's tax affairs, including structuring, managing and overseeing compliance, tax planning and advice in relation to remuneration and employee tax matters.
Within the Frankfurt Tax Department, we are seeking an experienced candidate to work with senior Goldman Sachs tax professionals to enhance the Tax Department support of the Goldman Sachs EMEA business divisions. In addition, further assistance will be required in the area of EMEA project management. The role is extremely broad and will require you to build on your existing tax knowledge to assist the team, as well as working on other ad hoc projects.
- Providing advice to the Global Markets division on transactions, investments and tax reporting
- Providing advice to the Investment Banking Division on transactions and investments
- Providing advice on withholding and reporting requirements for a German custody platform
- Advising on FATCA, CRS and other tax related documentation
- Advising on transaction related taxes and reporting
- Providing advice on internal entity or business restructurings and reorganisations
- Providing tax training to business divisions
- Working with external advisors and other members of the EMEA tax department
- Providing support to other members of the EMEA tax department on tax accounting and compliance matters
Tax process documentation
- Preparing and maintaining documentation to support tax processes undertaken in the different EMEA offices
Experience & Qualifications
- The successful candidate will be in possession of a university or equivalent degree preferably with Tax as main subject and a minimum of 4 - 6 years relevant tax knowledge gained through work experience as a tax accountant, tax lawyer or a member of the tax department in the financial industry. International tax experience is beneficial.
- Fluency in English and German
- Very good work-organization and high attention to detail
- Team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a strong client service attitude
- Microsoft Office skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top