EMEA GS Family Office Lead, Senior VP/ MD
- London, United Kingdom
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGEMENT (PWM)
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with ultra-high-net-worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations across the globe. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by working with them to develop comprehensive financial plans, creating and implementing customized investment portfolios within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals also offer a full array of additional wealth management services, including trade structuring and execution, private banking and liability management advice, fiduciary trust services (US only), administrative support typically provided by family offices and access to a curated network of specialty service providers.
The GS Family Office (GSFO) works in coordination with private wealth advisors to develop strong relationships with clients and prospective clients to deliver a full suite of wealth! planning and family office services, including income tax planning, rust and estate planning, philanthropic giving and general administrative support. GSFO is in search of an individual to lead the group responsible for delivering wealth planning and family office services to our EMEA-based clients and Goldman Sachs Partners, our most senior executives at the firm.
ROLE SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- We are looking for a talented senior executive with significant European multi-jurisdictional tax, trust and estate law expertise, who has successfully cultivated client relationships, led business efforts and built and managed teams of talented professionals. This role will be based in London or Zurich, with the requirement to regularly travel throughout the Europe.
- Define and execute on the wealth planning and family office strategy, as part of a fully integrated wealth advisory service for GS Partners and current and prospective PWM clients in EMEA
- Act as a senior subject matter expert to advise individuals and families on all aspects of tax planning and wealth transmission, including tax-efficient estate planning structures, sophisticated lifetime gifting strategies, the transfer of closely held businesses and charitable giving
- Serve as a senior relationship officer for several GS Partners, and cultivate new relationships with existing and prospective clients across the broader PWM franchise
- Collaborate with private wealth management teams, trustees, attorneys, accountants, and other advisors and professional service providers in order to deliver on clients' wealth planning objectives
- Lead and manage a team of 5-10 wealth and tax planning professionals with jurisdictional expertise located predominantly in London and Zurich
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with private wealth advisor teams, the Goldman Sachs Tax Department, Goldman Sachs Hum n Capital Management and other key internal constituencies
- Present at internal educational sessions to PWM teams across Europe
- Extensive experience (preferably 10 years +) working with high net worth clients in structuring multi-generational wealth and estate planning solutions across multiple European jurisdictions
- Technical expertise in trust and estate legislation and tax implications of investment portfolios, estate planning entities, philanthropic entities, and other business activities across multiple European jurisdictions (focus on U.K., Switzerland, Germany and France)
- Track record of successfully managing client relationships with individuals and families
- Experience interfacing with trustees, attorneys, accountants, and other advisors and professional organizations in respect to private clients' wealth planning needs
- Direct experience building and managing teams of high-performing professionals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work as a team
- Ability to build consensus and facilitate decision-making among client parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Deep interest in the financial markets and good investment sense / commercial instinct
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Willingness and desire to travel frequently
- Bachelor's Degree required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top