EMEA Compliance, Currencies & Commodities, Analyst/Associate, London
- London, United Kingdom
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The role reports into the EMEA Head of Currencies and Commodities Compliance and is part of the FICC Compliance team that sits within the wider Global Markets Compliance function. This team providing compliance coverage across our market-leading Currencies and Commodities business units.
The Compliance division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance.
As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements! controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries.
Requirements of the role:
- Trading floor-based role providing real-time compliance counsel to both the Currencies and Commodities business units, with regards to relevant rules, regulations and internal policies that govern the Global Markets business.
- Provision of pro-active risk mitigation instructions on regulatory and policy matters including individual transactions, new products and business initiatives.
- Assistance with the interpretation and implementation of new rules/regulation.
- Development and delivery of both ad-hoc and annual face-to-face training.
- Development and deployment of second line controls and assisting the first line with the development of their controls.
- Review of new algorithms and other electronic-related business initiatives.
- Review of complex and strategic marketing materials and committee memos.
- Co-ordination with the broader Global Markets Compliance Team as well as Federation and Financial Crime Compliance on initiatives and projects.
- Co-ordination with broader firm departments, such as Controllers, Operations, Internal Audit and Legal.
- Participation in Compliance, regulatory and internal investigations and audits, including utilising firm systems to conduct forensic reviews.
- Liaising with local regulators and Exchange/MTF operators and coordination of responses to ad-hoc regulatory enquiries.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- This role will suit candidates with approximately 1-3 years' compliance experience
- Ability to process large amounts of information on novel topics and identify salient points, and succinctly present them to a senior audience.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders of various seniority and across different roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrable interest in financial services, in particular trading-floor Compliance.
- Proactive, self-motivated, assertive and well organized.
- Takes ownership of tasks, progresses them independently, and escalates to senior stakeholders when required.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
- Ability to learn and navigate technical firm systems used for forensic reviews, and educate other team members on functionality.
- Forward looking, focused on improving and streamlining controls and processes.
- Ability to work independently and yet remain a strong team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to tight deadlines, balancing short-term and long-term queries and projects, in a trading floor environment which involves multiple, daily live interactions with stakeholders.
- Desirable, but not essential: Compliance experience gained by working on a trading floor for a Tier 1 house or others with sophisticated algorithmic/electronic business units and/or complex financing/trading capabilities.
- Degree level or equivalent (not essential if has relevant working experience).
- Professional qualifications such as CA, CFA, Solicitor or Bar exams an advantage.
- Languages an advantage (particularly French and/or German).
- Ability to code or understand code would be an advantage.
- An understanding or awareness of EU and US regulation (MIFID II, MAR, Benchmarks, Dodd Frank, REMIT, FX Global Code, LBMA Precious Metals Code, FMSB Standards, EMIR, CFTC, SEC) would be an advantage.
- Ability to enrich and thrive in an international, diverse and inclusive environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top