EMEA Compliance Analyst, Fixed Term Contract, Madrid
- Madrid, Spain
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Reviewing developments of local Business Conduct and Anti Money Laundering regulations. Implementing local compliance control plans, including testing and forensic reviews
- Assisting on reviews conducted by Internal Audit and Compliance. Managing relationships with local regulators, in the context of regulatory interactions, inquiries and exams. Reporting to i) regulators, ii) Compliance management and iii) local management bodies.
- Reviewing marketing materials, and filing them with local regulators. Performing enhanced due diligence on clients and distributors. Reviewing translations of communications to clients, regulatory inquiries, complaints, etc.
- Drafting and maintaining policies & procedures. Updating local account opening documentation. Drafting meeting minutes, and updating project plans. Assessing new business proposals on the basis of local policies and rules.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree completed in 2017 or later
- Languages required: Spanish, English and Italian
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top