Early Careers | Trading/Quantitative Modeling | Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
From developing automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients to creating quantitative models and analytical tools to construct and manage client portfolios, colleagues are challenged to use cutting edge technological and quantitative techniques to solve complex business and client problems, to make markets, and manage risk. They are also responsible for reviewing and validating models to ensure accuracy.
Traders, strategists and quantitative teams embody meaningful analytical and problem solving skills, and a drive to use data science and statistics to produce data-driven, actionable insights to support our clients.
Divisions and Job Functions
Corporate Treasury is tasked with finding the best ways for Goldman Sachs to deploy its financial resources within the parameters of regulatory guidelines as well as the firm's own risk appetite. The Treasury function plays a key role in the management of the firm's liquidity, funding, capital, and allocation of financial resources to align with the firm's overall strategy and to ensure the firm is resilient in its ability to carry out its activities. Treasury teams are strategically focused, have a collaborative nature and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Treasury Execution Services focuses on asset liability management execution including liability issuance and hedging, interest rate and currency hedging, as well as capital execution. The team manages the firm's excess liquidity portfolio including cash and collateral management.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top