Early Careers | Trade and Transaction Management| Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
From transfer of ownership between buyers and sellers to monitoring the firm's books and records as it relates to settlement of trades, a variety of teams work to ensure a seamless end-to-end transaction cycle.
Trade and transaction management teams across the firm embody sharp attention to detail, a risk management and analytical mindset and strong ability to problem-solve.
Divisions and Job Functions
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Investment Banking Division Operations is responsible for all operational functions for the Investment Banking Division. We support all product flows and provide effective control for the firm's Investment Banking strategy.
- Global Markets Division Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services for the Global Markets Division. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets.
- Consumer & Investment Management Division Operations is responsible for front-to-back operational support to the Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Private Wealth Management and Ayco businesses in service, delivery, and processing functions across the trade and client lifecycle. Our Custody Services team is responsible for managing restricted stock transactions and physical security processing.
- Core Inventory Management Operations team supports a global trading desk with locations in New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Each team member is accountable for streamlining processes and demonstrating innovative thinking to over-come challenges. Each individual has daily interactions with traders and with external clients, as well as other internal operational areas including Asset Servicing, Global Control and Trade Settlements. The team has a high focus on risk mitigation and works closely with senior management in development and implementation of new controls.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Investment acumen
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top