Early Careers | Sales | New York
- New York, NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Through our global sales team, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis. Our sales colleagues are responsible for new business development, prospecting and helping clients navigate markets to support their investment goals.
Divisions and Job Functions
Global Markets Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis.
- Equities teams transact in stocks and other equity-related products, including convertible securities, options, and futures. Their work includes financing, securities lending, and other services for institutional investors.
- Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities teams transact in a variety of assets, including interest rate products (such as government bonds, treasury bills, and other highly liquid instruments), credit products, mortgages, currencies, and commodities
- Financing Group Coverage Banking sits within dynamic, market-driven environment, our teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all Goldman Sachs' capital markets departments, and operates on close cooperation with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities and Equities.
- Transaction Banking Team is focused on building a modern and best-in-class digital platform to serve clients' cash management needs. Offerings will include global payments and liquidity solutions, along with data and insights to create efficiency and deliver returns. The Transaction Banking team provides clients with a holistic view of their business to make smarter decisions with their cash.
- Private Wealth Management advisors assist clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services
- Sports and Entertainment Solutions (SES) is a specialized team that engages athletes, entertainers, and professionals from the sports and entertainment industries, provides them with tailored wealth management advice and connects them to the broader resources of the firm
- GS Family Office (GSFO) works in coordination with Private Wealth Advisors to develop strong ties with clients to deliver a full suite of family office services. GSFO is in search of professionals to develop innovative wealth planning strategies and provide family office services to assist clients in meeting their income tax, estate tax, philanthropic and financial planning goals.
- Private Bank a business unit of PWM that offers a range of lending and cash management services to high-net worth clients. The business provides customized and tailored liquidity strategies to PWM clients across the globe. The Private Bank also manages the GS Select digital lending program, which offers loan products to clients of third-party institutions through an advanced desktop technology platform.
- Market Solutions Group (MSG) offers customized advisory, structuring, and execution services across asset classes to high net worth individuals, family offices and select institutions. With investment specialists actively engaged in public and private markets globally, MSG provides strategic and tactical advice spanning global capital markets including equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and interest rates. MSG offers separately managed accounts including equity derivatives and structured investment strategies for client portfolios. MSG also provides capital markets experience and access to unique investment opportunities to clients
- Counseling provides proactive financial counseling, full-service implementation, including tax preparation and investments, to address complexities of executives, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Analysts have extensive client interaction and prepare various reports for clients in the areas of cash flow planning, income tax projections, investment allocation, investment performance,
- Coaching delivers management and navigation of personal finances, life events and company benefits through a digital platform with one-on-one guidance from a coach. Analysts will provide comprehensive personal financial planning to clients via a telephone environment.
- Family Office provides sophisticated solutions to streamline the intricate financial lives of ultra-high net worth families, through comprehensive coordination, advanced risk management, investment services and legacy preservation strategies.
- Wealth Strategies Group specializes in the design and implementation of wealth protection and wealth transfer strategies for high net-worth clients.
- Private Wealth Management provides investment-advisory, education, portfolio-management and trade-execution strategies. Analysts serve as key liaison between clients, investment and operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Series licensing required for majority of sales roles (must be obtained within three months of employment)
- Sales experience preferred
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top