Early Careers | Sales | Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, CA
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM advisors assist clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services.
- Financial Analysts provide relationship management and support to PWM by monitoring portfolio holdings, analyzing asset allocations, researching potential investments, understanding financial market developments and trends, and executing trades while gaining a broad-based understanding of the asset management business. How you will fulfill your potential:
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
- Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients that address equity, fixed income, and alternative investment components of asset allocation
- Analyze equity and fixed income portfolios for risk and return characteristics
- Execute portfolio rebalancing
- Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocation
- Keep abreast of the latest events in the financial markets
- Relay GS research and market views to Private Wealth Advisors
- Work in conjunction with various product groups within Investment Management to respond to client needs
- Assist with trading and provide client service and team support
- Counseling provides proactive financial counseling, full-service implementation, including tax preparation and investments, to address complexities of executives, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Analysts have extensive client interaction and prepare various reports for clients in the areas of cash flow planning, income tax projections, investment allocation, investment performance,
- Coaching delivers management and navigation of personal finances, life events and company benefits through a digital platform with one-on-one guidance from a coach. Analysts will provide comprehensive personal financial planning to clients via a telephone environment.
- Family Office provides sophisticated solutions to streamline the intricate financial lives of ultra-high net worth families, through comprehensive coordination, advanced risk management, investment services and legacy preservation strategies.
- Wealth Strategies Group specializes in the design and implementation of wealth protection and wealth transfer strategies for high net-worth clients.
- Private Wealth Management provides investment-advisory, education, portfolio-management and trade-execution strategies. Analysts serve as key liaison between clients, investment and operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Series 7 and 63 may be required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top