Early Careers | Risk Management | New York
- New York, NY
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Embedded in everything we do, risk management is key to effectively identifying, monitoring and anticipating the diverse array of risks the firm faces in serving clients and operating its global businesses, including credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk operational risk and model risk. Risk teams focus on giving the firm clarity on the risk profile of our activities and devise strategies to protect the firm's ability to serve our clients effectively. They embody excellent judgment and analytical thinking.
Divisions and Job Functions
Consumer externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about money .
- Credit Risk builds the credit strategy for the digital consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs
- Business Risk is considered the first-line of defense for the digital consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs
Alternative Investments and Manager Selection (AIMS) provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies fixed income strategies and environmental, social and governance integrated and impact investments.
- AIMS Operational Due Diligence performs thorough risk assessment and monitoring of investment advisers in order to manage various risks, including reputational, legal and operational risks
- AIMS Risk Management and Analytics Evaluates market, portfolio, and operational risks through in-depth performance and risk analyses; applying them to the development and implementation of new products, hedging strategies and liquidity management programs across the AIMS platform.
Risk aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan. Operating in a fast changing environment and utilizing the best in class risk framework, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude for challenges and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Credit Risk assesses the creditworthiness and financial strength of clients to determine acceptable levels of credit exposure
- Liquidity Risk controls and oversees the firm's liquidity risk management framework, including stress testing and limit governance
- Market Risk assesses, monitors and manages the firm's risk due to changes in market conditions
- Enterprise Risk Management coordinates the planning, organizing, leading and controlling of activities to minimize the effects of risk on capital and earnings
- Credit Research Group (CRG) is responsible for researching and analyzing the credit worthiness of the counterparties Goldman Sachs does business with. CRG is responsible for setting internal credit ratings based upon financial reviews & developing financial models which help determine our firm's appetite for business with any given counterparty
- Divisional Risk Teams
Internal Audit assesses the firm's internal control structure, advises management on developing control solutions, and monitors the implementation of these measures. Working in this department means you'll be providing reasonable assurance that financial reporting is reliable, there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the firm's operations are effectively controlled.
Executive Office: Our Division comprises diverse businesses directly related to our corporate strategy, culture and brand. It includes corporate communications (internal communications, media relations and brand and content strategy), investor relations, government affairs, environmental markets and the office of corporate engagement. Our stakeholders include employees, shareholders, the media, policy makers, alumni and the general public.
- Conflicts Resolution Group : CRG is involved in a wide range of the firm's businesses and transactions and provides exposure to the most senior business leaders and risk managers across the firm. This role offers an exceptional opportunity for professional development for a person interested in financial markets who has the capacity to appreciate the complexities of risk management in the space. CRG reviews business opportunities across the firm to ensure that reputational risk and potential and actual conflicts of interest are identified, assessed and managed so as to protect client relationships, safeguard confidential information, mitigate reputational risk and ensure that we are able to fulfill our responsibilities to our clients prior to accepting a role
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Passion for analyzing data, finding insights, and using it to build new strategies
- Experience building, improving, or analyzing risk management
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
- Some roles will require proficiency in R, Python, or similar for statistical modeling and analyzing time-series data
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top