MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Whether it is developing product roadmaps or creating compelling content, colleagues that focus on product management and marketing drive the development, launch, and continuous promotion of our products and offerings. Through their work, they act as consultative partners to our businesses, evaluate products and develop strategic communication plans targeted to audiences.
Product management and marketing teams across the firm operate with creative and strategic thinking, and excellent writing and project management skills.
Divisions and Job Functions
Consumer externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money. Example teams seeking product management and/or marketing skills:
- Acquisition Marketing develops campaigns across all digital channels and analyzes performance of campaigns for optimization.
- Customer Marketing & Engagement team is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, on-time payments, retention, and growth through omni-channel customer marketing campaigns and partnering across the organization to deliver exceptional customer experiences. For this role we are looking for a analytical and data-driven performance marketer.
- Product Management defines and executes product strategy as well as applies analytical and creative skills to deliver positive and frictionless digital consumer experiences. The ideal candidate is extremely resourceful and detail-oriented with prior experience as a product manager on an agile team, collaborating closely with designers and developers to bring digital consumer products to market.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; investment acumen required for some roles
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact
- Candidates should be comfortable developing relationships throughout the firm and building networks within the division as well as with other divisions
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and operationally with a commercial mindset
- Ability to understand, dissect and analyze data to drive decisions and/or make recommendations
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong communicator who can effectively gain alignment up, down and across teams
- Strong project-management skills
- Expertise in project plan management, strong understanding of key performance metrics and drivers
- Exposure to the launch and management of products
- Product strategy experience preferred for Consumer roles
- Experience or awareness of AGILE methodology considered a plus for Consumer roles
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity