MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Through a variety of innovative investment solutions, we aim to deliver advice and identify opportunities that shape clients' portfolios and long-term investment goals. Investing activities range from implementing investment ideas to monitoring portfolio positions.
Clients are at the center of what we do and they require a team behind them that has a passion for investing, risk management experience and ability to understand unique clients' needs.
Divisions and Job Functions
Merchant Banking Division invests in corporate equity and corporate debt, real estate equity and real estate debt and infrastructure worldwide. We also provide asset management services to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. Consisting of over hundreds of professionals in six offices around the world, our business operates on a global platform.
- Equity Investing team invests in private equity, infrastructure as well as growth stage and technology companies. The group invests across a broad range of industries in the Americas, Europe and Asia seeking to maximize investment value through financial and operational value creation. MBD seeks long-term capital appreciation by committing equity to high quality companies with strong management. We seek to generate superior returns in a variety of situations, including leveraged buy-outs, recapitalizations, growth investments and stressed/distressed investments across a range of industries and geographies.
- Credit Investing associates work as part of small deal teams responsible for identifying, structuring, executing and monitoring corporate debt investments. Associates are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions across the capital structure and in a variety of industries in support of transactions that include leveraged buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations
- Real Estate team supports real estate investing across multiple product types across the US. This includes sourcing, underwriting and due diligence, acquisitions , asset management, construction and development oversight, financings and dispositions for the firm's real estate investments.
- Infrastructure manages three funds that invest globally in infrastructure opportunities in sectors such as energy, telecommunications and transportation. We seek to identify investment opportunities with potential for operational value creation and have developed an active approach to asset management
- Alternatives Capital Markets & Strategy (ACMS) is a firmwide group established in 2019 to oversee all institutional capital markets, capital raising, and strategy for alternative investments throughout Goldman Sachs. Engaging with both Goldman Sachs' proprietary direct-investing programs and external managers' open-architecture strategies, the ACMS Group centrally manages capital raising for all alternatives products and portfolio solutions for all institutional investors in alternatives, across private equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, growth equity, secondaries, GP stakes, impact investing, and absolute-return strategies.
- Fundamental Equity conducts original, bottom-up research across a broad range of capitalizations and styles, spanning global developed and emerging markets. This team utilizes growth equity, value equity, global equity and real estate securities strategies.
- Fixed Income seeks to uncover opportunities across borders and in under-researched markets. We use independent specialist teams for bottom-up and top-down decisions, and for generating strategies within their areas of expertise. The Fixed income team includes money market products, central funding and liquidity management businesses
- Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies fixed income strategies and environmental, social and governance integrated and impact investments. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments.
- Global Portfolio Solutions is a leading provider of multi-asset class investment solutions tailored to the specific needs and objectives of institutional clients. With professionals located around the world focused on investment and services, the team performs research, develops market insights, implements and manages multi-asset allocation strategies including tactical investment decisions and the specific application of risk management strategies and processes.
- Goldman Sachs Investment Partners Venture Capital and Growth Equity pursues minority stake investments in private companies at all stages including venture, expansion stage growth and more mature, pre-IPO companies. The team seeks to back visionary entrepreneurs building technology-enabled businesses where Goldman Sachs can be a value-add partner.
- Credit Alternatives is an investing platform that manages approximately $13bn of total capital. The team utilizes a bottom-up, fundamentally based investment approach seeking to provide investors with access to fixed income like strategies that are in non-traditional form and generate differentiated sources of yield for investors over the long-term. The team's current investment strategies include Private Middle Market Credit and Renewable Power. Private Middle Market Credit is a direct origination strategy focused on lending to U.S. middle-market companies. Renewable Power is focused on owning and operating renewable power assets. On behalf of clients, the team manages a range of commingled funds (including a publicly listed business development company (NYSE: GSBD), separate accounts and a private yieldco (Goldman Sachs Renewable Power LLC).
- Counseling provides proactive financial counseling, full-service implementation, including tax preparation and investments, to address complexities of executives, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Analysts have extensive client interaction and prepare various reports for clients in the areas of cash flow planning, income tax projections, investment allocation, investment performance,
- Coaching delivers management and navigation of personal finances, life events and company benefits through a digital platform with one-on-one guidance from a coach. Analysts will provide comprehensive personal financial planning to clients via a telephone environment.
- Family Office provides sophisticated solutions to streamline the intricate financial lives of ultra-high net worth families, through comprehensive coordination, advanced risk management, investment services and legacy preservation strategies.
- Private Wealth Management provides investment-advisory, education, portfolio-management and trade-execution strategies. Analysts serve as key liaison between clients, investment and operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity