Early Careers | Financial Modeling & Research | Dallas
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Playing a key role in measuring, reporting and forecasting the profitability of the firm's complex products and services, colleagues that focus on accounting and financial planning are responsible for ensuring the firm's financial information is accurate and comprehensive for reporting and regulatory purposes. Teams partner with business leaders to provide advice on the financial and regulatory considerations when executing business with our clients.
Accounting and financial planning teams across the firm embody strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a desire to develop a deep understanding of financial fundamentals.
Divisions and Job Functions
Investment Banking Division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas
- Industry Group Coverage Banking works in developed and emerging markets worldwide to deliver banking services for a wide range of industries. Our team approach to client service enables our bankers to play an important role in building relationships and executing transactions. Classic investment bankers have expertise advising clients across industries, regions and products. Teams are organized by industry group, including Consumer Retail Group, Financial Institutions Group, Financial and Strategic Investors Group, Healthcare, Industrials, Public Sector & Infrastructure, Natural Resources, Real Estate, and Technology, Media and Telecom, as well as by region, country and company size as part of the Cross Markets Group
- Financing Group Coverage Banking sits within a dynamic, market-driven environment, our teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all Goldman Sachs' capital markets departments, and operates on close cooperation with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities and Equities. Teams are organized by product group including Leveraged Finance, Equity Capital Markets, Investment Grade, Structured Finance, Corporate Derivatives and Emerging Markets.
- Equity Investing team invests in private equity, infrastructure as well as growth stage and technology companies. The group invests across a broad range of industries in the Americas, Europe and Asia seeking to maximize investment value through financial and operational value creation. MBD seeks long-term capital appreciation by committing equity to high quality companies with strong management. We seek to generate superior returns in a variety of situations, including leveraged buy-outs, recapitalizations, growth investments and stressed/distressed investments across a range of industries and geographies.
- Credit Investing associates work as part of small deal teams responsible for identifying, structuring, executing and monitoring corporate debt investments. Associates are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions across the capital structure and in a variety of industries in support of transactions that include leveraged buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations
- Real Estate team supports real estate investing across multiple product types across the US. This includes sourcing, underwriting and due diligence, acquisitions , asset management, construction and development oversight, financings and dispositions for the firm's real estate investments.
- Infrastructure manages three funds that invest globally in infrastructure opportunities in sectors such as energy, telecommunications and transportation. We seek to identify investment opportunities with potential for operational value creation and have developed an active approach to asset management
- Alternatives Capital Markets & Strategy (ACMS) is a firmwide group established in 2019 to oversee all institutional capital markets, capital raising, and strategy for alternative investments throughout Goldman Sachs. Engaging with both Goldman Sachs' proprietary direct-investing programs and external managers' open-architecture strategies, the ACMS Group centrally manages capital raising for all alternatives products and portfolio solutions for all institutional investors in alternatives, across private equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, growth equity, secondaries, GP stakes, impact investing, and absolute-return strategies.
- Firmwide Strategy reports to the firm's Chief Strategy Officer, who is an ex-officio member of Management Committee and work with the Executive Office and senior divisional and business unit management to set and execute key strategic priorities for the firm. We develop, evaluate, and execute plans for new businesses and growth initiatives and leads strategic transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, and dispositions, on behalf of the firm.
- Investor Relations works closely with Goldman Sachs senior management to shape the firm's external messaging for research analysts, debt and equity investors, proxy advisory firms, rating agencies and credit counterparts. This is a unique position that allows candidates to develop an Investment Banking valuation and modelling skill-set and Securities Division market perspective while gaining exposure to senior management, rating agencies, research analysts and key investors. Candidates will work directly with all members of the group across our debt and equity, corporate governance and rating agency teams
- Private Lending Underwriting (PLU), based in Dallas, TX, is primarily responsible for the underwriting of loans to GS Private Wealth Management (PWM) clients. In this capacity, PLU assesses, underwrites, documents and monitors the credit risk incurred in loan transactions. The underwriting process includes a thorough analysis of the collateral securing the loan (if any), which may include assets such as marketable securities, private equity/hedge funds, commercial real estate, aircraft, fine art, hobby properties, private company stock, yachts, etc.
- Wealth Strategies Group specializes in the design and implementation of wealth protection and wealth transfer strategies for high net-worth clients.
- Private Wealth Management provides investment-advisory, education, portfolio-management and trade-execution strategies. Analysts serve as key liaison between clients, investment and operations teams.
- Credit Risk builds the credit strategy for a digital consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs
- Underwriting designs and continuously improves end-to-end underwriting processes, ensuring compliance with all regulatory laws
- Business Development / Partnerships is responsible for managing business development activity across Consumer business lines. These responsibilities include identifying and sizing partnership opportunities, assessing deal profitability and structuring for optimal economics, establishing and maintaining relationships with prospects, managing pitch processes and all elements of execution (i.e. modeling, deal structuring and negotiating).
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong academic record with background in finance, economics, accounting or math preferred
- Experience with modelling and financial statements analysis
- Ability to process and analyze high volumes of information and proactively form and express independent judgements
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Some roles will require proficiency in R, Python, or similar for statistical modeling and analyzing time-series data
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top