MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering is at the critical center of our businesses. Our dynamic environment requires strategic thinking that is innovative and produces smart solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work on the core of a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
- Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various time zones.
- Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
- Oversee considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
- Innovate with new technologies and existing strategic platforms to deliver quality products
- Deliver tactical solutions while focusing on strategic structure and viability
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to solve problems and apply analysis to make data driven decisions
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- 1+ years of software development experience for Analyst
- 3+ years of software development experience for Associate
- Programming in Java
- Solid understanding of core Java concepts, common APIs and design patterns
- Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and a sound understanding of SDLC process
- Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Related field
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity