Early Careers | Client Services / Sales Support | Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
From executing trades to answering client questions on accounts, portfolios and records, we believe in delivering world-class services to our thousands of clients and customers. Our client/customer services and sales support teams across the firm embody a can-do attitude with a special talent for trouble-shooting and problem solving.
Divisions and Job Functions
Americas Client Business (ACB) is responsible for building relationships, driving sales and servicing our clients, which include corporate and public pensions, foundations and endowments, insurance companies, corporate treasuries and a variety of financial intermediaries. ACB delivers a broad spectrum of investment solutions, including money markets, fixed income, equities and alternatives. Some of the critical functions that sales-oriented analysts should expect to contribute to are developing new business opportunities, refining distribution strategy and managing existing client relationships. ACB also has teams dedicated to client strategy, advisory solutions and product development initiatives, where quantitative skills are more heavily leveraged.
Goldman Sachs Private Bank Select ("GS Select") is a digital lending solution for Financial Advisors and their clients, extending the Bank's tailored lending capabilities to our institutional wealth management partners. This high-tech, high-touch program allows Advisors to easily establish a securities-based lending solution for their clients using diversified, non-retirement investment assets as collateral. GS Select provides Advisors and their clients with real-time tools to monitor and manage their lines of credit.
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Global Markets Division Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services for the Securities Division. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets.
- Consumer & Investment Management Division Operations is responsible for front-to-back operational support to the Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Private Wealth Management and Ayco businesses in service, delivery, and processing functions across the trade and client lifecycle.
- Operations Risk Management manages the development and implementation of the division's risk framework, including monitoring of key controls, provision of management reporting, creation of risk metrics and development of training and awareness programs. Our Embedded Risk Managers work closely with line teams to improve risk and control transparency and effectiveness.
- Regulatory and Control Operations oversees the integrity of the firm's books and records, and ensure we continue to remain compliant with global client money, regulatory and tax reporting obligations.
- Treasury Services provides payment processing, liquidity, cash management and bank relationship management services for our institutional, retail, and corporate clients as well as firmwide flows.
- Bachelor's degree (2017 - December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in client service
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Series licensing may be required depending on role
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top