Director of Research
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs provides products to help people manage their finances. The first product from Marcus is a fixed-rate, no-fee unsecured personal loan that enables customers to tailor their monthly payment options to fit their schedule and budget. Marcus, a brand of Goldman Sachs, benefits from the firm's 147-year history of financial expertise, risk management and customer service.
As the Director of Research you will be charged with delivering fact-based consumer understanding and insights that facilitate timely and accurate strategic and tactical decision-making across all parts of the organization. This is to be achieved by putting the consumer first and integrating the voice of the consumer into the marketing and business functions.
- Lead high-performing internal and external Consumer Insights team that delivers actionable insights to internal business partners
- Manage, analyze and synthesize consumer and marketplace learning to influence decisions
- Lead initiatives in consumer qualitative and quantitative research, including consumer segmentation, brand strategy, brand health tracking, macro trends, concept and product ideation, product development and testing, advertising development and assessment and in-store observation and testing
- Manage third party research relationships, data needs and analysis of secondary and syndicated data
- Deliver actionable insights that strengthen brand equity and identify growth opportunities
- Partner with analytics and acquisitions team to test, learn, and recommend refinements to media and messaging that constantly improve conversion and CPAs
- Partner on strategic product development and execution with the Product Team
- Optimize advertising messages and marketing mix by providing recommendations that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of spend for the brand
- Ensure strategies reflect in-market learning and that Marketing messages are optimized to deliver maximum ROI
- Identify opportunities that result in recommendations to ensure business needs are being met by conducting post-launch product assessments
- Put systems and processes in place to ensure the 'Voice of the Consumer' is heard before critical decisions are made
- Oversee Consumer Insights budget to ensure effective and efficient support of the business
- Continuously identify new research tools, methods and best practices
- Present fact-based recommendations that instill confidence and buy in
Basic Qualifications• 15 or more years of relevant industry experience
- MBA preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical skills, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top