MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We are actively seeking a motivated Android Engineer with proven industry experience
• The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done. Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role
• We are looking for an expert Android developer to work on a greenfield enterprise-grade project delivered on Android platforms. Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative, and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank
• As a Mobile Developer you will be working closely with UX and product designers to build mobile user experiences which will be A/B tested for effectiveness and impact to our clients. The code you write will reach millions and help redefine the firm
• The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading the delivery of mobile apps using his/her knowledge of native Android languages
• The candidate will get to work with modern technologies, such as RESTful web services, OAuth 2.0 and the latest version of Android Studio, and will utilize them to build cutting-edge software that will include advance data visualizations. The candidate should also demonstrate deep knowledge of mobile architectures that encourage code reuse and ease debugging
• They should be comfortable working with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing good quality, easily testable code. They should also be able to collaborate and contribute estimates to the planning process
• The candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities and should be able to lead others towards his/her technical vision
• Knowledge of Consumer Finance is not essential but experience in any of these areas may provide a candidate with some advantage
• Clear verbal and written communication skills will be crucial since the candidate must be able to gather requirements as well as influence and gain consensus for their designs with the global technology team
• Work to identify where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process and projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of practical experience in software programming
• Strong knowledge of Android Studio
• Knowledge of MVC and MV* patterns
• An appreciation of design
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Room, RxJava, Retrofit
- Knowledge of Repository pattern
- Knowledge of MVVM or MVI patterns
- Active on Github, or StackOverflow
- Knowledge of the latest Android technologies
- Experience with multi-module projects
- Knowledge of multi-region applications
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity