Digital Consumer Finance - Lending - User Experience – UX Designer – VP – New York
Goldman Sachs is seeking innovative, problem solving team members to help build and grow its digital, direct to consumer business. The team will leverage Goldman’s financial services expertise and core competencies in technology, analytics and risk management in addition to strong balance sheet capabilities to create a winning position in the market. While benefiting from the strengths of a large company, the team operates in a start-up environment unburdened by legacy costs and fixed infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding team member of a new business line within one of the leading companies in the financial services industry while delivering value to consumers through differentiated products and user experiences.
As the lead for User Experience Design, you will oversee an innovative and talented design team whose mission is to create an outstanding customer experience for our brand new direct to consumer offering. This role and the team plays an important and influential role on the business, working closely with product managers, developers and stakeholders to bring the product to life. Team will provide a mix of skill sets – including information architecture, wireframing, visual design, interaction design, and prototyping – to a startup-like product development environment.
- Define user experience priorities and design goals to support consistent, intuitive cross-platform touchpoints
- Infuse prototyping and data insights as an essential part of the design process
- Foster a culture of experimentation to uncover breakthrough ideas and support test & learn
- Establish peer review, coach, and bring the outside in to grow and retain strong talent
Basic Qualifications• 10+ years of experience in interaction and user experience design
- Impressive portfolio of work showcasing engaging user-centered design solutions
- Excellent verbal/written communication and storytelling skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts and rationale to peers and senior stakeholders
- Expertise in implementing user-centered design process and principles
- Experience developing UX for iOS, Android, and/or responsive web, with expertise in design patterns
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative
- Passion for user experience and application design
- Experience operating with Agile teams
Preferred QualificationsNot required, but a plus:
- Formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field
- Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top