Devops Engineer - Cloud Enablement - Sky Engineering - VP
The Sky Team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting, and building cutting-edge tools, systems and best practices for Engineers across Goldman Sachs. We are at an early stage of modernizing our application stacks around cloud native principles, and you will be directly helping to implement and influence technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Engage with the larger Core Engineering organization to create and deliver usable, safe compute with associated guardrails and operational practices
• Partner with our information security, networking, cloud native teams on the identification, analysis, and mitigation of risks related to cloud services
• Design and implement mid to large scale distributed systems • Partner with and provide technical guidance on best practices to the GS engineering community, the business teams, and operations teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Proficiency in at least one language (Java, Python, Golang)
• Experience architecting, administering, or migrating applications in AWS/GCP/Azure (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems • Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing solutions
• Experience with infrastructure and configuration as code solutions, including Terraform, Ansible, or cloud-init
• Familiarity with cloud HPC, network architectures and the integration with hybrid cloud networking
• Familiarity with Linux OS engineering, configuration management, and troubleshooting
• Experience with container orchestration and service mesh architectures, including Kubernetes/Istio, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, EKS or ECS
• Strong oral and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top