DevOps Engineer - Application Infrastructure
Core Engineering is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, we solve critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• This role is for a team of DevOps Engineers to add run-the-bank operational capacity to the TRAIN team to be able to support the 26 bi-weekly releases of the C/C++ and Java codebases present on the various TRAIN SDLCs.
• Our build train is a collection of tools and scripts that have been engineered at Goldman Sachs. The build train is responsible for building and deploying our risk management systems on a regular basic. This role is to provide DevOps support and assistance to the build train.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Proficient in multiple scripted languages
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Job monitoring and experience of handling job scheduling failures
• Log file analysis
• 3-10+ of industry experience
• Unix/Win32 system programming
• Expertise in with C++ builds and related tool chains
• Experience of front line support and liason with business developers and infrastructure teams.
• Shell scripting, Perl, Python skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top