DevOps Engineer - API Management - Core Engineering
- Toronto, Canada
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Who We Are
API Management Platform provides a platform to advertise and discover Services/APIs, formalize contracts and SLOs, and automated controls to enforce them. API Gateway being the center of platform, it is a simple and highly scalable technology-agnostic reverse proxy designed to integrate seamlessly with microservices, monolithic apps, and serverless architectures. We are now in the process of deploying entire platform in AWS.
As a member of our team you will be on the front line driving upgrades on the firm's api gateway balancing operational risk, client experience, and business opportunity. You will be a pioneering leader in moving the firm to cloud-based
What we work with:
- Critical internet facing services
- Java based ReST services
- Kong, Nginx, AWS API Gateway
- Terraform/Infrastructure as Code
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- OWASP and other Security controls
- Elastic Search, messaging
- HTTPS, HTTP2, OAuth, mTLS
- Open API, PACT
- GSInet, SRP, AWS deployments
- Dev tools, build and runtime controls
- Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Identify areas to improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance/load testing, etc
- Build and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
- Design and manage production monitoring systems
- Build tools, identify and tackle performance and stability issues
- Evaluate and handle application and environment security
- Follow change management processes during implementations
- Use and maintain version control for application infrastructure
- One who enjoys working in a progressive, team-oriented environment
- Hungry to learn new approaches and technologies
- Passionate about managing operational risk
- Pragmatic in weighing approach trade-offs
- Keen to work with equally motivated colleagues across the globe
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Production level expertise with containerization orchestration engines (i.e., Kubernetes, Podman, docker)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of the Operating System concepts, mainly Linux.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top