DevOps, Data & Platform - Risk Engineering
- Bangalore, India
Are you interested in learning about risk or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As an Engineer in the Risk Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management (credit, market, liquidity, operational and model risk). You will work with a team of talented engineers to drive the build & adoption of common tools, platforms and applications. Risk Applications, Platforms and Data (RAPD) team identifies problems across Risk and engineers solutions to monitor and manage Risk in a timely and reliable manner. The team builds solutions that are offered as a software product or as a hosted service. We are a dynamic team of talented developers and architects who partner with business areas and other technology teams to deliver high profile projects using a raft of technologies that are fit for purpose (Java, Cloud computing, HDFS, Spark, S3, ReactJS, Sybase IQ among many others). A glimpse of the interesting problems that we engineer solutions for, include acquiring high quality data, storing it, performing risk computations in limited amount of time using distributed computing, and making data available to enable actionable risk insights through analytical and response user interfaces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
To ensure uncompromising accuracy and timeliness in the delivery of the risk metrics, our platform is continuously growing and evolving. The team is responsible for ensuring the platform consistently meets or exceeds firm standards for technology, security, and performance. A multi-disciplined team working across Risk Engineering, the Risk metrics consumers and technology service providers, it's a great opportunity to work across the different stripes of risk management as well as an extremely diverse set of technologies.
Job Responsibilities -
- Performance tune applications to ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of the risk metrics.
- Upgrade existing applications to adhere to emerging firm standards for compute, systems software, and security standards.
- Migrate applications to new and emerging technologies and standards.
- Demise, replace or consolidate applications at the end of their useful life.
Basic Qualifications -
- 2+ years of development operations experience in the financial services industry
- A good sense of curiosity and the ability to deconstruct large problems into small, actionable plans
- A good working knowledge of basic Linux commands and the ability to troubleshoot application issues in the Linux environment
- A strong understanding of common application architectures (e.g. REST, single page web applications, distributed computing, messaging)
- Experience with one or more major relational / object databases. Most be familiar with indexing, authentication, resource management, performance tuning and resiliency
- A basic understanding of compute resources and the ability to interpret performance metrics (e.g. CPU, memory, threads, file handles)
- Experience with application metrics and monitoring tools
Strong Pluses -
- Previous experience in Risk applications.
- Knowledge of authentication and entitlement schemes.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top