Developer/Technology Support - Data Lake - Data Architecture
Data Lake Engineers are responsible for the Firm's strategic repository for enterprise data. Engineering teams across the Firm are our clients, participating in providing and consuming data to & from the lake. Developers on the team create and manage the software that manages the data in the lake, ensure entitlements are enforced appropriately, data is milestoned, and is available for query on multiple target warehouse platforms. This platform enables structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets. Client Solutions Support Engineers on the team engage the firm's Engineering teams to understand their big data needs and help them architect technical solutions that leverage the features and functionality of the Data Lake platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
All roles in Data Architecture offer the opportunity to work Directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors. Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient platform. Collaborate with core engineering consumers and the BU aligned development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations. You will collect requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests of your clients and adjacent technology platforms. Your clients' background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers. Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with Java with a good grasp of Java development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and testing best practices.
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, Linux, Networking protocols, security and file systems
- Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, can solve interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints
- Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
- Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment
- Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide an intuitive, seamless end user experience.
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues in a diverse global organization
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 3-5 years of software development and/or business management experience, with particular focus on business data management in a client/user facing role
- Comfortable handling a large volume of emails and phone calls
- A healthy obsession on customer satisfaction and the customer experience, and a willingness to be its internal advocate
- The ability to self-direct as circumstances change and priorities shift, based on organizational needs, without constant & overt micromanagement
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications or processes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top