Developer - Public Cloud Platform - Sky Team
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Sky Team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting, and building cutting-edge tools, systems and best practices for Engineers across Goldman Sachs. We are at an early stage of modernizing our application stacks around cloud native principles, and you will be directly helping to implement and influence technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build services to integrate on-premises systems with public cloud providers and software libraries to provide consistent, secure, and ready-to-consume patterns for application development teams using public cloud services
• Collaborate across teams on feature design and problem solving
• Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, useable, and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications into public cloud environments
• Manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise
• Help to communicate and promote best practices for public cloud application development across the firm
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in one or more of Java, Groovy, Python, or golang; open to using multiple languages
• Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• Solid experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management tools
• Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
• Experience meeting demands for high availability and scale
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions
• Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure cloud environment
• Experience with microservice design patterns and frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot)
• Experience with serverless platforms (e.g. AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions)
• Experience using infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top