Developer - Cloud Technologies - Associate - Sky Team
- Dallas, TX
The Sky Team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. As part of your role you will be partnering with core and business-aligned software engineering and SRE teams to deliver secure, resilient, and scalable cloud native solutions. Additionally, a key responsibility will be researching, architecting, and securing new cloud services, solutions, and features for general use by our Engineering organization. We are in the growth stage of adopting cloud native principles for our applications and you will be directly helping to architect and engineer the technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Collaborate with business software engineering teams on solving business problems via the architecture and engineering of cloud native applications
• Engage with the larger Core Engineering organization to create and deliver usable, safe cloud native engineering patterns with associated guardrails and operational practices
• Partner with our information security teams on the identification, analysis, and mitigation of risks related to cloud services
• Create, communicate, and promote best practices for public cloud native development across the firm
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience architecting, designing, administering, or developing applications in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Engineer secure applications and solutions in a cloud native environment
• Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in one or more of Python, Java, Groovy, or golang; open to using and learning multiple languages
• Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing solutions
• Familiarity with cloud network architectures and the integration with hybrid cloud networking
• Experience with serverless platforms such as AWS Lambda and Google Cloud Functions
• Experience with infrastructure and configuration as code solutions, including Terraform, Ansible, or cloud-init
• Experience with container orchestration and service mesh architectures, including Kubernetes/Istio, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or Consul
• Familiarity with Linux OS engineering, configuration management, and troubleshooting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top