Derivatives Settlements Analyst - Warsaw
Foreign Exchange Settlements is seeking a professional with strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment managing cash flows associated with the global foreign exchange market.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world.
In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Foreign Exchange (FX) Settlements team supports the global FX market in which participants exchange currencies. The team operates in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that cash flow exposures are appropriately risk managed and handled in a timely manner. The team regularly interacts with other areas of the firm including FX Salespeople, traders, middle office teams, cash liquidity groups, and credit risk managers. In addition, the team frequently contacts Goldman Sachs' clients to facilitate settlement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the FX trade lifecycle and associated cash flows by interacting with trading and sales in addition to middle office, treasury and valuations.
• Partner with a team of settlement experts to deliver top notch client service while ensuring exposure risks are appropriately mitigated.
• Showcase your attention to detail and ability to manage several tasks at once by ensuring all trade economics and discrepancies are appropriately investigated and resolved, while managing client expectations and potential fail exposure.
• Identify process and controls improvements by leveraging constantly evolving tools that can be used to build scalability without introducing new risks.
• Grow with the team; develop a deep understanding of the businesses that are supported, the market landscape that can drive innovation and change, and how you can play a role in the team.
• Bachelor's degree
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and both a client service and control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of FX experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top