Derivatives Regulatory Reporting Associate - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? The Derivative Operations team investigates internal and external exceptions with the aim to provide transparency into reporting timeliness, accuracy, and completeness while also monitoring daily regulatory reporting performance for the firm's global derivative trading activities. Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with stakeholders across the Firm to pursue reconciliations and improve the Firm's compliance rates across multiple jurisdictions.
As a member of the Derivatives Regulatory Operations team, VP candidate will be expected to participate in and/ or lead drafting of master data requirements, cross obligation, to support internal re-platforming initiatives. Candidate should have experience in large scale project implementation, with preferred experience in Derivative Regulatory implementation or rule changes. Ideal candidate can navigate across Legal, Compliance, and Technology and Operations teams to drive results and manage tight regulatory or internal deadlines.
The role involves building strong internal relationships with key contacts within the technology, compliance, legal and other operations teams. The ability to manage multiple deliverables, prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization is critical to this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interface with management on key risks impacting the Firm's derivatives reporting
- Advise on regulatory risk and requirements to facilitate commercial activity
- Complete data analysis, rule interpretation, write business requirements, perform UAT testing, write user stories associated with Reg implementation
- Analyze distributed workflow front to back to identify the root cause of reporting inconsistencies and/ or errors
- Conduct deep dive reviews into existing reporting rules and associated infrastructure
- Write functional specifications for technology changes to reporting processes
- Coordinate remediation efforts for reporting anomalies
- Coordinate the testing and implementation of rule changes that impact reporting processes
- Identify key areas of risk in the reporting process and influence the development of the requisite controls
- Analyze, suggest and execute process improvements
- Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three char lar years of experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Previous Derivative Regulatory project implementation
- Ability to Manage multiple deliverables and prioritize accordingly to meet completing deadlines
- Sound understanding of Risk - operational, reputational
- Basic understanding of regulatory landscape
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top