Derivatives Regulatory Reporting Analyst - Warsaw
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve the firm's compliance rates across various obligations.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting as well as data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management.
We are a globally located team that exists to ensure that the firm fulfills a wide range of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations.
Regulatory Operations team is responsible for reporting to external stakeholders in the EMEA region, including the reporting and monitoring of trade, transaction and position information across a wide range of traded financial products and business lines as well as ensuring compliance with the FCA Client Assets regulations. The characteristics of the team have to marry the firm's culture of teamwork and diligence with the nature of regulatory obligations: ever changing with a need for precision and fast turnaround.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to the execution of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations (eg. MIFID, EMIR and CASS)
- Perform analysis on reporting anomalies, remediation and corrective actions working closely with respective Production, Remediation and Engineering teams
- Advise on regulatory risk and requirements to facilitate commercial activity
- Analysis of internal client and external regulatory inquiries related to trade, transaction or position and client assets data
- Enhance the reporting process by documenting requirements to address regulatory reports for remediation and production discrepancies
- Perform verification, validations and testing of the data provided by Engineering prior to submission
- Actively participating in the development of the strategic control framework for Regulatory Operations
- Work collaboratively across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups in strategic initiatives across the global Regulatory Operations department
- Develop strong working relationships both internally including the Front Office and Middle Office Technology, Legal, Compliance and externally to support various reporting functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3.5 years of experience in financial services
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Basic understanding of financial markets regulatory landscape
- Sound understanding of Risk - financial , operational, reputational
- Knowledge about financial markets and associated processes
- Practical knowledge about financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives
- Knowledge about project management and business analysis
- Shows interest in data analysis, process automation and BI tools
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top