DBA - Middleware Engineering
Middleware Engineering covers a range of database products. The successful candidate will become familiar with all of these products and become proficient in several in order to drive the Application engagement, troubleshooting, automation and self-service strategy for operational support.
The Database Engineer will work with application teams, DBMS vendor troubleshooting and advising on Sybase ASE, Oracle and Sybase Replication servers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and ongoing maintenance (including DR) of the environment Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions.
- Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations
- Continually evaluate the operation of the environment and assist in optimizing the delivery of the products to clients
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems.
- Responsible for reduction in operational overhead by building automated / self-service tools using both scripting and high level programming languages
- Advanced database administration skills with SAP Sybase ASE and Oracle
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting, performance & tuning, DB modelling
- Experience in MongoDB/SAP Sybase Replication is a big plus
- Strong communication - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, ie Python, Perl, Shell
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Strong ability to work as part of a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top