MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The GSAM Data Office is looking for a Strategist to join the team. As a Strategist in the GSAM Data Office, you will use your technical and industry knowledge to help our asset management businesses manage and use data more effectively. Projects will span a variety of data domains and technologies and entail extensive interaction with portfolio managers, risk managers, marketers, salespeople and senior management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Designing robust data models for core datasets, including Golden Source identification and normalization and enrichment logic definition
- Engaging with Desks/Application owners to ensure best practices for their own data sets and that appropriate data contracts exist between producers and consumers
- Establishing data control and governance frameworks that ensure consistently high-quality data output for clients, teams, and other internal consumers
- Identifying commercial opportunities and extracting data-driven insights
- Collaborating with the data engineering team to define and implement data infrastructure
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Quantitative orientation with programming skills and/or data science/modelling background
- Communications skills are essential
- Intelligence, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter, should have ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
- Familiarity with and interest in a financial field or asset management.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity