Data Steward Engineer - Product Data Quality (DE - RefData) - Financial Data
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
To support the SecDiv Equity business plan and objectives, PDQ began a new process to proactively process all EMEA corporate actions. The team source this data and ensure that it is manually entered into Prime each day before each respective trading exchange opens. If we do not perform this function, we will be unable to meet the requirements to be trade-ready, and client orders will be impacted as the required reference data updates will not be available to accept and match their orders. Additionally, regulatory reporting will be impacted by this equity reference data that will not be fully updated and enriched with all of the specific MiFID II regulatory fields.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Data Steward Engineers ensure quality, suitability and accessibility of the firm's data assets by combining deep subject matter expertise and risk-based judgement.
• They mitigate risk by designing and executing proactive controls that allow for detection and correction of anomalies prior to consumption, as well as designing solutions that help the firm deliver on commercial opportunities and obligations in accordance with data governance policies and frameworks.
• Data Steward Engineers act as intermediaries to ensure broad understanding of data models, content and quality levels across a broad set of producers and consumers.
• They analyse requirements to help set development priorities, and test new software to ensure production readiness.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Design and execute proactive controls for detection & correction of anomalies
• Responsible for setup and maintenance of equity , Debt & derivative products
• Process product related corporate actions for listed equities, futures, and options
• Maintenance of global interest rate benchmarks & end of day prices
• Research product and pricing discrepancies/challenges
• Lead and contribute to strategic projects related to product and pricing functions
• A sound understanding of market nuances in which these products operate
• Understand product setup attributes and how these can impact the myriad downstream systems
• Ability to drive strategic projects and initiatives that reinforce our goal towards industrialization
• Work closely with PRIME and CHOICE development teams to understand systemic as well as feed flows
• Influencing vendors on their products by making requests, suggestions, giving advice on what vendors do well and where they can improve
• Brainstorm ways to enhance systems, existing processes, and manual touch points for efficiency gains
• Resolutions of downstream queries in a timely and effective manner
• Process proactive exceptions and Identify potential risks in operational processes; develop and implement controls to mitigate risk
• Liaise with various downstream users and other internal GS teams on issues and follow-up's
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top