Data Science (ETO - Engineering) - ETO Engineering
FOUNDATIONAL TECHNOLOGY GROUP develops common solutions for managing our infrastructure including enterprise monitoring, alerting, system configuration management, provisioning and service management to reduce risk and operating costs within our
ETO's Machine Learning team uses statistical modelling, anomaly detection, predictive modelling, time series forecasting and other techniques on big and fast data to reduce the risk and cost of managing the firm's massive compute infrastructure and applications.
An individual in this role is responsible for deeply understanding our problem space, swiftly identifying high impact business problems, succinctly formulating them as statistical modelling or machine learning tasks, deftly developing performant, scalable, and resilient production-grade models, readily deploying those models to production, constantly monitoring model performance to ensure delivery of the desired business impact, and effectively communicating the impact broadly at the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• A Bachelor's degree (Masters/ PhD preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline), with 3+ years of experience as an applied data scientist (or equivalent).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Understanding of applied statistics and fundamental ML principles and techniques
• • Ability to apply fundamental algorithms and data structures to efficiently solve computational problems
• • Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, R, Java, C++ etc.)
• • Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• • Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• • Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top