Data Product Engineer (DIO) - Data Model Engineering
• Working with business engineers, non-engineers and other members of the Data Intelligence Office to capture business processes and identify data gaps towards business's revenue goals.
• Implement plans to close those data gaps to meet business process needs, whether it be by acquiring, modeling or hydrating data or improving governance & curation levels of data processes. Work alongside members of the Data Intelligence Office or business engineers as appropriate for these functions.
• Establishing and designing a critical new function within the Data Intelligence office
• Collaborate with other members of the Data Intelligence office to develop a framework for capturing the requirements and producing solutions
• Reviewing process models and providing subject matter expertise
• Helping promote the Data Fabric and the uptake of the underlying tools such as Workflow, PURE, and Data Lake
• Providing training and thought leadership to further develop process modelling and data requirements capture skills across Engineering to better enable data modelling and curation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Contribute to a critical new function, Data Intelligence Office, within Engineering
• Working with businesses to model their processes and capture data needs that help drive Insights and Commercialization
• Become involved early in the process and help shape the standards and policies associated with process data requirement capture
• Influence and help drive the development of platforms that service process modelling and requirements capture
• Recommend business process improvement and the Data Intelligence Office's engagement models
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• 3-5 years of software development or business data management experience, with particular focus on process modelling / engineering
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain-driven design to build complex business applications
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with product managers and subject matter experts to extract critical business concepts
• Working knowledge of BPMN
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bachelor's/Master's/MBA in related fields
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top