MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Loans engineering team support multiple lending businesses within Goldman Sachs. These include the Investment Banking, Asset Management, Global Markets and Consumer and Wealth Management Divisions. As these businesses continue to expand rapidly they require continuous investment from engineering to support revenue growth, reduce risk, meet regulatory obligations and increase client satisfaction.
As part of Firm's digital strategy, there is a multi-year re-platforming of the Loans front-to-back flows for systematic capture of loan data and integrated workflows across businesses and control side to manage risk, achieve the highest level of data quality for external and internal reporting, and help business growth and scalability. One of the key deliverables to meet this strategy is building an Enterprise Data Model for Loans. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with an ability to understand the breadth and intricacies of the Loans business, combined with a technically ability to model the Loan Product in detail adhering to the highest standards for enterprise model architecture design.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Learn the methodology and mechanics of the Loans business across all businesses within Goldman Sachs.
- Participate in design discussions and reviews to shape the evolution of the enterprise loans data model.
- Develop and ensure our data models adhere to enterprise data architecture standards.
- Drive, shape and champion data modelling within the organization
- Support and educate our clients in their use of the enterprise loans data model
- Manage data dictionaries and create quality control checks to ensure related data held in any stores across the organization can be held to the highest quality control
- Design, implement and maintain refiners to transform raw data in our Data Lake into the enterprise loan data model
- Ensure data transforms/refinement adhere to enterprise software development standards and testing methodology.
- Drive the adoption of enterprise data technologies to improve the reliability and scalability of implemented solutions.
- Forge strong relationships with our clients Operations, Trading, Sales, Bankers as well as other engineering teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, tools, and techniques in the areas data collection and analysis.
- Experience with data modeling, data analytics and business intelligence
- Broad knowledge of financial products and markets
- Give evidence of being a strong team player, collaborate with others within and across teams
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions and identify clear objectives
- Ability to see the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
- Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in Technology
- Experience in lending products including Corporate Loans, Commercial Real Estates, Warehouse Lines and other related products.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, and the development of physical and logical models.
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing.
- Familiarity with SCRUM or similar agile discipline is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred or other professional qualifications.
- 2+ years of related Information Technology experience.
- Small-medium scale project management skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.