Data Management & Support Team, Analyst/Associate - Chicago
IMD, GSAM, Strategic Client Services, Data Management & Support Team, Analyst/Associate – Chicago
We are seeking an analyst/associate level candidate to join our Data Management and Support Team who demonstrates the ability to think critically, exhibit sound judgment and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this capacity, you will help maintain and enhance our current systems and processes so that our business can deliver optimal client service.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Service is a global sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to Shareholders. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Service, enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all with a focus on being accretive financially to the business.
Within Strategic Client Service, the Data Management & Support team is responsible for overseeing and developing data strategy, reporting, and ensuring the continued operation of business processes and system functionality across Strategic Client Services, globally.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of the Data Management and Support Team, you will be responsible for a wide range of issue remediation, system process analysis, and technical project management functions, including developing strategic roadmaps for system improvements and enhancements, and defining business and technology communication plans.
Functional Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the resolution of internal and vendor system issues that directly impact business operations and/or client interactions
- Escalate identified issues, impact, and resolution to GSS business areas and management
- Recommend and drive process improvements to increase system robustness and mitigate risk of disruptions in client reporting and operational workflows
- Develop, test, and maintain Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure the continued operations of critical GSS functions
Basic Qualifications• 2+ years of business experience with at least one year in the financial services industry, preferably within mutual fund operations or service
- Excellent technical skills (MS Access, Excel) required, basic understanding of SQL and computer language(s) a plus
- Experience interacting with technology teams from a business perspective
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task while working under pressure
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, program logic, file layouts preferred
- Quick learner who excels with hands-on responsibilities
- Thinks critically and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Previous experience with large databases, datasets, or academic research a plus
- Resourceful individual with strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong relationship building skills with a high energy level and resilient temperament
- Exhibits sound judgment and integrity
Preferred Qualifications• Previous experience or coursework in a quantitative field a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top