Data Intelligence - Product Data Quality - Data Steward
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding across a vast array of products? Product Data Quality is a high-value risk management team in Engineering that, across all firm divisions, is responsible for the governance programs that ensure critical securities modelling and pricing data is accurate, complete, and scalable. This data is a critical input and dependency to most trade and client support functions.
Product Data Quality (PDQ) is a part of Data Intelligence and is comprised of four teams, based in Salt Lake City, Warsaw, Bangalore and Singapore.
Engineering is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world.
Data Stewards ensure completeness, accuracy, and suitability of their assigned data sets by applying subject matter expertise to make risk based judgements to maintain data. Data Stewards design and execute proactive controls to mitigate risks by detecting and correcting anomalies; they also design solutions to meet new commercial objectives in a way that complies with underlying governance models. They ensure broad understanding of their data models, content and requirements across internal and external data producers, consumers, developers and project managers. Data Stewards translate requirements from stakeholders to help set development priorities, and test developed solutions before they are released into production. This gives them exposure to every business and product types on a global basis. The role requires the team to work closely with each of our supported business units to ensure their data quality needs are met currently, and that their reference data requirements grow as their business evolves.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Being a self-starter is essential
- Investigate and resolve product and pricing data exceptions.
- Set-up and maintain product data in Prime. These include:
- Equities: Common Stock, Preferred Stock, Rights, Warrants, Exchange traded funds, ADRs, GDRs
- Fixed income bonds: Corporate, Government, Agency, Emerging Market, Convertible, Structured notes
- Listed derivatives: Options, Future Options, Option Baskets, Flex Options, Futures, Flex Futures
- Other products: Mutual Funds, Indices, Baskets, Fiduciary Notes, Credit Indices
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills to bring Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Proactively solve data quality issues from both tactical and strategic perspectives
- Actively support the PDQ hotline and data/pricing inquiries from our internal clients on a daily basis
- Proactively work with market data and external vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P, etc..) to ensure we have the highest quality data in our systems
- Grow with the team; develop a deep understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress work on projects to support new businesses and industry/regulatory requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Highly motivated
- Risk based judgement - reviews problems and can research appropriately across systems to determine next steps including appropriate escalation
- Communication of ambiguous concepts - demonstrated ability to describe complex concepts across groups that do not always use the same jargon
- General communication - essential for interacting at all levels, across business disciplines and regions
- Workflow Prioritization - demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize a diverse set of work tasks, takes ownership of completing tasks and works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Technical ability - demonstrates ability to grasp complex processes and workflows
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Teamwork - works well within a team of diverse individuals and high standard of execution and delivery towards common goals and objectives
- Client service - demonstrates effective management of internal stakeholders and/or external clients through effective relationship management and high standard of service
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top