Data Engineer, Market Data - Data Intelligence
MARKET DATA delivers analytics and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
Market Data is part of the firm's Data Intelligence group handling global access to financial market data sourced both internally and externally from the firm. The team is currently undertaking a project to revolutionize existing practices, driving teams towards making data driven decision across commercial, technical and risk strategies. We are seeking an individual who has a strong passion for quantitative analysis and the ability to draw insights from data. A successful candidate will be able to contribute to the team's long term data strategy development, lead initiatives that will shape our data architecture and build products that will generate insights for our internal clients.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Design physical data models to enable business decision making
• Partner with data intelligence teams to understand data governance and architecture offerings, and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Act as an agent of change to enable the market data ecosystem to evolve through the analytics journey
• Guide and mentor internal clients to become self-sufficient practitioners
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements; including process automation, optimizing data delivery etc.
• Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 4+ years of professional experience of which at least 2 years are focused on data engineering
• Experience with relational database and SQL
• Experience in using tools such as Alteryx
• Data Modelling
• Proficient programming skills, Python preferred
• Analytical, problem solver - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a global team
• Data Science
• Programming skills in other OO Languages such as java
• Some experience working with a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top